My drift strategy is to walk the length of ten blocks, using coin flipping to determine where to turn at intersections, and record at the end of the walk. I begin at the bus stop on the corner outside the apartment building where I live/sleep/etc. I flip a dime twice to determine which direction I walk in. Heads twice in a row means that I will walk one block forward, heads and then tails means I will turn right and walk a block in that direction, tails before heads and I will turn left and walk a block in that direction, and tails twice means I will turn around and walk back a block in the direction I came from. If the coin flip directs me to walk through a fork in the road, I will flip the coin once to determine which side of the fork to continue on. If it is heads I will walk on the left side of the fork, if it tails I will walk on the right side. I do not flip the coin until I reach an intersection, and it would be entirely possible for me to walk the block ten times or end where I started. After recording where I find myself after ten blocks, I repeat this process from where I am compelled to stop.
It was Jesus Christ Superstar all over again as I almost threw up on the little girl who asked her mother why I wasn't moving.
"I'm listening, I'm sleeping." I said, but not to her unless she can hear inside my brain.
She was three feet tall in a pink sweatsuit with short braids and she was terrifying. My butt was muddy and I was so scared that this little girl and her mother might misunderstand me because that seemed to be a more regular occurrence than actual understanding.
Don't misunderstand me unless I say it's okay because I'm really not always a bad person and
The Little Girl has passed.
Everything sounds good again and I'm not so scared nervous afraid of people. Stephen Vytautas Peter needs people but I don't always so I never understand why he cries on the phone.
A bicycle passes in my mind but it's actually a car that sounds like a rocket.
"Wow," I say to the mind readers, "I hate listening to this."
But I don't because at least I'm not sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment